September 25, 2011

forget me not

this was the first year (out of the last 10) that i didn't go to the conference center for the relief society general meeting.  i had just returned from extended stay in arizona, so i had to unpack, do laundry, prepare the relief society lesson, etc...

i was bummed out for not going, because being there and walking around downtown with that army of women is just downright freaking awesome!  you get to see our strength in numbers, and you feel stronger because it's so evident you're not alone in your cause.  :)

but this year i laid low, stayed home catching up and watched conference on my laptop.  i'm glad i did.  i was able to really ponder about the words that were spoken after the meeting was over.  

the talks by the relief society general presidency were all great, but can i get a woot woot for president uchtdorf?!?  he. is. incredible.  every time he speaks to us women it's like he knows us so well.  three years ago he spoke about our need to be creative, and i felt that that message had been directly written to me.  it came at a time of deep inner search, and it changed my life.  he explains things in a way that opens my understanding to who i am as a daughter of God, and gives me assertion of my importance and value.   

his message this time was about not feeling forgotten, and it hit me hard just like his last talk.  i'm so deeply grateful for him, his wisdom, love and respect for us as daughters of our Heavenly Father.


2 comments:

Mama! said...

Agreed on the woot woot! I just barely listened to most of it while sitting at my desk and what I heard was amazing. Can't wait to watch it fully in the quiet of my own home.

Clarisa said...

loved the talk and just had to inclide it in my visiting messsage. ps - also had to steal a copy of the pic you have of the five petal reminders for myself. thanks for posting!